Sunday, December 28, 2014

Art at the Tate Modern

After dinner Saturday night, Mom decided to rest up so Mona and I went out to visit the Tate Modern which is open until 10pm on Fridays and Saturdays.  As the name implies, the Tate features modern art, from the works of Picasso and Salvador Dali to living artists with whom we're not familiar.  With apologies to my artist friends and art aficionados, I've divided this into Art I could Do/Why is this Art? and Art I Can Appreciate.  All of these are currently on display at the Tate Modern.

Art I Could Do/Why is this Art?

 
Why is air conditioning duct or random squiggly painting renowned art that is exhibited at a prestigious museum?  Wood painted in a multi-colored block pattern?  I think I could do these.


Art I Can Appreciate

The Three Dancers by Pablo Picasso
While abstracts don't appeal to everyone, I certainly appreciate their artistic merit.  They say one man's junk is another man's treasure.  Can the same be said for art?

Variation on the Form of an Anchor
by Tristram Hillier

No comments:

Post a Comment